View Single Post
Old
07-04-2010, 04:08 AM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
I saw an interview with some French fans and they said something along the lines "at least there is handball". It seems when there is a lot of choking, fans regress to more and more niche sports, from the completely global sport of football, to the two continent sport of hockey, down to one continent sports like handball and American football.

I think it is a solid thing for Europeans to say, especially when South American teams have 10 wins, no losses, and 2 draws so far in the World Cup, state interest only in sports that South Americans don't play.
You know, I have to confess, itś funny to look back at all the hype for the South American teams at this stage of the tournament. Since I hate Maradona, I really enjoyed Germany running over Argentina. But anyway, I guess very little number of people would have guessed Uruguay to be the last Euro team still standing and even Uruguay barely made it to the top 4, football God was on their side when the Ghana player didnīt use that penalty shot in the last minute.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote