View Single Post
Old
07-04-2010, 05:48 AM
goalscorer

vCash: 500
I'd make the swap in a heart beat. Not sure what the + would have to be though.

This organization has a great reputation of drafting and developing d-men. We have Blum, Josi, COR and Ellis all being developed. I think all four of these guys have the potential to one day fill the void created by trading Suter. Don't get me wrong, Suter is one of the best up and coming defensive d-men in the league, but he's not Weber. Weber is irreplacable, not Suter. The Webers, Doughtys and Keiths don't come around very often. I know Suter brings diffrent qualities to the table, but realistically he is a solid defensive d-man who compliments Weber. You can draft and mold players to become Suter (to an extent).

Bobby Ryan is a pure goal scorer. That's not something you can teach. You either have that ability or you don't. He's hit the 30 goal mark in each of his first two seasons and is only 23 years old. He hasn't even hit his prime yet. DP and his scouts have never drafted or molded a forward of that caliber. Radulov may be the exception, but he's not here. Wilson will be a solid NHLer, but I don't see him becoming a elite forward in the NHL. (Hopefully I'm wrong) DP will always draft solid two-way forwards. It's safe and we're never really in the position to draft the eiltes in the top three picks.

So if it were up to me. I'd let our scouts keep drafting potentially elite d-men. Thats their strength. There comes a time when you have to utilize assets for the good of the organization. Would our d hurt from losing Suter? Absolutely. Especially right now, but I've always liked the saying you can't win games if you don't score goals. Bobby Ryan can score goals. Flame away, my fellow Preds fans.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote