Old
07-04-2010, 08:22 AM
FlyHigh

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
You're not being objective here.

1. Carter has 1 more year at 5M, then what will he cost? Probably more than 5M.
Yeah, but he won't make more than 7, considering Ryan may well end up at 6 or more, the difference won't be extreme.

Quote:
2. Carter plays a position that the Flyers are deep at. Ryan plays a position the Flyers are weak at.
Briere was a -22 his only season here at C. Giroux was on pace for a -30 (that's a quantifiable stat) in his half season at C. We are not deep at center. Particularly, even if those guys were okay defensively, we wouldn't have a center who was more than 6 feet or weighed more than 200 lbs.

Quote:
3. Snakebitten, what is that? Can I say that Leighton is an elite goalie who was snakebitten in the SCF. Snakebitten just another, nicer way of saying not getting the job done.
If you don't think that luck exists in hockey, I don't know what to say. I mean, when goalies put up a .949 against us over a 17 game stretch, that's not "guys not trying hard enough" or whatever, that's just being really eff'n unlucky.

Quote:
Personally, I'm not trading Carter because we need him to be able to matchup defensively against the bigger centers around the league and going with Richards, Briere and Giroux down the middle is a little too small for my liking. But salary will favor Carter this year and then Ryan for the next 3-4 or however long he signs, and scoring production will probably be pretty similar.
Considering all the things that went wrong for Carter this year including injuries and he still only had 2 goals less than Ryan, I'm not totally inclined to agree with you there. I mean, Carter was at more than a 40 goal pace after we got Laviolette in here.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote