View Single Post
Old
07-04-2010, 04:49 PM
braindead

vCash: 500
Lots of great suggestions above. It's a fun puzzle Poile has created to get us through summer. A couple of more thoughts:

It may be premature to pencil in Hornqvist on the "top" line with Wilson. He had a great season but it may not be the best spot for him to either play the most minutes or play with Wilson. He might fit with SK or Lombardi setting him up and/or screening Erat shots.

Goc could play 3rd line center with Smithson playing 4th line center. That would require Leggy/Lombardi/Wilson to move to wing, which could happen in several scenarios, including the trading of Dumont, failure to sign SK or failure of Andersson.

Ward's value is puck control and possession and I'd hate to lose it-- I think he is a very, very valuable role player. I do agree that it's hard to figure out where to fit him though.

Sulzer could be a good 7th d-man if we pick up a veteran and trade Franson. I'm still very willing to let Franson go with the likely emergence of Blum this year or next. I think we need one more d-man that can eat minutes.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote