Thread: Rumor: Ilya Kovalchuk offer
View Single Post
Old
07-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Snotbubbles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
I don't want to say PO success is 'meaningless', but I put very little stock in it particularly considering Leighton played 7 good games against the 25th and 30th ranked offenses in the NHL and then got lit up by the Blackhawks.
Not buying your rationale. Montreal had no problems scoring against Washington and Pittsburgh. And Boston had no problems scoring against Buffalo. But then Leighton does well against them and all of sudden they couldn't score a goal on a pee wee team. Give the guys some credit.

Quote:
Wait, so I just posted empirical evidence that Briere was terrible defensively at C in Buffalo, horrible defensively and offensively at C here in 07-08, vastly improved here when he played on the wing, and you say he'll be fine at C.

Based on what? A 20 game PO run?
Yes. It was the only time he's played center under Laviolette. He got better under the system at center as the playoffs went along.

Quote:
Don't buy that at all. Dude had a 40 goal pace under Laviolette and was playing with a piano on his LW. Plus, his shooting percentage combined in 07-08 and 08-09 was 12.4%. In 09-10, it was 10.3%. If his shooting percentage in 09-10 was 12.4% like the average was the previous 2 years, he would have scored 40 goals.

He'll be fine given a summer to rest and recuperate and a decent coach.
The wonderful misuse of numbers.

Carter's shooting percentage in

07/08: 11.2%
08/09: 13.5%
09/10: 10.3%

Carter's career shooting percentage is 10.9%. As of the first 5 years of his career, 08/09 is the outlier and you should expect a shooting percentage of around 10 or 11 percent. Not the 13.5% he had in 08/09.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote