View Single Post
Old
10-01-2003, 02:58 PM
Trottier
Very Random

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
I don't want him but its kind of interesting.... the Isles exposed Czerkawski... so much for him being there top scoring winger...
As an NYI fan, I can assure you that it is a positive sign. The guy who just a few years back was this team's top offensive gun (on a pitiful team), has been surpassed in camp by some promising young players (Papineau, Hunter, etc.). Whether that translates into any success whatsoever for the team once the regular season starts remains to be seen. But Chow is deadwood, a safety net signed in the event none of the kids impressed. Unfortunately, I don't think any team is dumb enough to claim him tomorrow, so Milbury will be left having to buy him out or have an unhappy frequent scratch on his roster. Unlike Mr. Dolan, Mr. Wang doesn't like any of his money mis-spent, so I guess MM will have some explaining to do.

I'd welcome NYI losing Timander in the draft and picking up Heins or even Jakopin. Both are Oil drums on skates, but Timander is a $1M wet noodle on D.