View Single Post
Old
07-06-2010, 10:16 AM
97FlyersKing18

vCash: 500
Sorry I am a bit pissed about the "Hitler Holmgren", but I think I layed out a concrete valid framework for why it is not acceptable to post something like that, even on the internet. Plus, it was Independece Day, show some respect to the people that allow you to enjoy your Corona's, fireworks and grillouts. It could be Charlie Chaplin or the Pink Panther, but the context it was in is clearly Hitler. Sorry I believe that World War II had a major impact upon the lives of millions of people across the globe, youself included.

I guess mass genocide, slavery and brave soldiers dying on the battle field could be compared to 2 marginal professional hockey players making $1.5 Million Dollars leading to a "fan favorite" being let go. I am not a war activist, I actually believe in Peaceful Resolutions. I just feel that it is disrespectful to defile Allied Powers, American Policies, the Flyers Organization and Paul Holmgren with a Hitler comparison. There is a place and time for jokes, and there is literally no similarities between Paul and Adolph. Stretching the realm of life and death to a game is obtuse.

Just because you may not have lived it doesn't mean it is not important. Unfortunatley, nobody learns from history and humans continue to make the same mistakes over and over and over again. Perhaps you should read a book and get some perspective, before you tell me to lighten up.