Thread: Speculation: Season Expectations
View Single Post
Old
07-06-2010, 11:40 AM
The Thomas J.*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tank View Post
1) A lot of the roster is the same and it's been a very long time since this has happened. There is an absolute value on letting the team gel.
2) Hopefully Tortorella won't waste half the season with his ******** marketing slogans and actually devise a game plan suited to the players he has available. This should save about 10 losses from last year. If he doesn't, I expect him to be fired by Christmas and that can only be a good thing.
3) Improved performance expected from Dubinsky, Anisimov, Del Zotto and Staal.
4) Another year of excellence from Gaborik and Lundquist.
5) Redden is a problem and needs to go. Even if he is the 6th dman, I believe he is a detriment to the team and shouldn't be around the group of young dmen building for the future. If the Rangers find their nuts, he is AHL bound and I believe team performance will improve no matter who replaces him as the 6th D.
This is a great point that no one has really picked up on. At this point I don't see Redden being sent down. There is more than enough payroll to keep him on & add a part or two after Girardi & Staal re-up. We are stuck with him going into the season.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote