View Single Post
Old
07-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
At the one home game he did but for the most part TOR pushed the Flyers around in their games. Asham finally stood up to Orr in the last game after Powe was run and Asham was obviously out of his league.

I think it's a ploy to scare Carcillo as well. Asham probably signs on the Isle where they need to spend to make the salary floor.

Having Asham and Shelley would kill what Lavi wants to do with pressure.

The hot forward will get double shifted with Betts and Lappy most nights and paying customers will get their pound of flesh with SHelley on most nights then when the playoffs roll around he'll watch from the press box like most enforcers.

Obviously, he was given too much dough but guys like Dave Brown and Godard are loved by their teammates for making them feel a little taller and a little braver for first 82 games even if they don't dress for the playoffs.

I remember Messier taking the cup to Brown in EDM before most of the guys that played got it. Hopefully, Richards can do the same.
I think it's the realization that it's very unlikely we're going to be able to afford/want to pay Carcillo.

Powe is a better all-around hockey player... but even he shouldn't be on a 3rd line ideally.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote