View Single Post
Old
07-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Rumblick

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=pelts35.com;26797352] Arsene was fine on a Calder Cup winning team like the Bears as a depth dman not on an average team as a top dman. Even before the Falcons roster was depleted due all of the injuries in Edmonton he was exposed as a mediocre dman.[quote]
Arsene was good enough to play 13 games for the Oilers. Yes it was due to injuries, and I'm not saying he's a top-pair d-man, but he's certainly not -the slug you seem to think he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
That said I would question Rum's point that the Oilers may get lucky twice. If Giroux pans out as Arsene did, then the Oilers will have made two mediocre signings of two former Hershey players.
The Oilers got exactly what they bargained for in Arsene - someone who could come up and fill in if holes developed. What they get from Giroux as opposed to their expectations remains to be seen. He may work out; he may not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
That said for a team down and out like Edmonton, looking to Giroux to drastically improve their team is hardly a good move.
No one has used the inane words "drastically improve" to describe this, until you did. The Oilers have a lot of holes to fill, and given Giroux's numbers the past two seasons, they figured "What the hell - let's take a shot". That's all this is; nothing more, nothing less. Don't wildly overstate your case just to make the downside more obvious. Let the season start, and see what happens.

Rumblick is online now   Reply With Quote