View Single Post
Old
10-01-2003, 05:50 PM
DallasStars2003

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DallasStars2003
This year? Most definitely.

Over the past seven or eight years they've been up there with Detroit and Colorado AND New Jersey with the exception of one bad year. And yes, compared to Colorado's two, and Detroit's and New JErsey's three, they only have one Stanley Cup, but I think saying that is raising the standard of a good team. A Cup is a cup. They still have more than Ottawa, Philadelphia or Vancouver have won in the last decade. I'm not trying to knock those teams in any way, because they're grerat teams, but I'm just putting this into perspective.

For some reason it's always Dallas that's being questioned as aprt of the elite four teams in the league. I guess it's because of the cup thing. Just look at it this way: if they beat New Jersey in 2000, they'd be on par with them and Colorado, and I think we'd be having a different discussion here.

Bottom line, as far as hsitory and being an elite team goes, put Colorado, Detroit and New Jersey ahead of Dallas but nobody else. And this season could surprise some people...