View Single Post
Old
07-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Alpine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNorthstars View Post
I don't think that is accurate as the TC Northstars had 8 89' birth year players. 5 of which were 20 before the season started.
It doesn't sound right does it?
Any info that I could find from USA Hockey states any player 20 years old or younger to 16 years old.
But I thought it might be like Hockey Canada's rule of 9 20 year olds (by Dec 31 of the playing season)
Which turns out is the maximum. Any of the 11 Jr A leagues under the CJHL umbrella are free to make a league rule of less but 9 is the maximum. CJHL or Hockey Canada Jr A import rules are set by where the player played Bantam. So any player who played Bantam outside that Province's branch is considered an import. In the case of 16 year olds Hockey Canada has the right to not approve Branch transfers of players and has done so many times if they feel that there's adequate Jr A presence in the players Branch. Even in the Maritimes where there's only 1 Jr A league. Hockey Canada has refused a player from NB playing in NS and vice versa as a 16 yr old. But that maybe more about protecting the Major/Minor Midget AAA leagues.
Or I could be completely wrong..........again

Last edited by Alpine: 07-08-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote