View Single Post
Old
07-08-2010, 06:39 PM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

vCash: 500
talk about an old thread...

yea I agree I can't wait to see Inception, I dig some of Nolans non Batman films such as the Prestige (not that I don't not like the Batman films) and DiCaprio has been top notch in the past decade (Not bad when the worst movie he has made this decade is Blood Diamond or Shutter Island)

I also agree about Shutter Island it was a good flick but the twist wasn't much of one. I was kind of disappointed in Scorsese with that but I don't know how much he could have done being it was based upon a book. However that being said it was still one of the best movies made this year along with Toy Story 3, down year at the movies to say the least in my opinion.

As for a blast from the past, I re watched The Thin Red Line http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120863/ and man is that movie great. While it might not be as action packed as other war movies it easily makes up for it in its themes and brilliant cinematography. In my opinion it is one of the best movies from the 90s and greater, however different, than the other great war movie from the late 90s, Saving Private Ryan.

DaStars99 is offline   Reply With Quote