View Single Post
Old
07-08-2010, 06:15 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
hyperbole in line-item form but not necessarily revisionist I'd say. Yeah they "tried" to get him and it was his choice to stay. But either the kid didn't care, the caps didn't TRULY care, or the caps didn't let him know hard enough what staying that long would affect his development as a physical dman.

And yeah he got that one game but he took off right? Wasn't there plenty of season left and he went back to school?

Maybe I'm pissed and go overboard on my analysis because of those feelings. And especially cause I wanted Stasny in the 2nd and they jumped to get this guy. Not to mention the 05 draft in general.

Whoever's fault, he lacked development at higher levels, participation in camps and the length of time in Hershey that his peers did by age 20.

Then once he gets there... try him at forward. That to me said he was toast.

I'm sure I'm off on the details, but not the overall failure of the team.

edit: I know they can't kidnap him... and yes I remember the discussion of attempts to sign him. But to me they still "let" him stay. They need a better salesman!
They had no leverage. He wanted to stay all four years, and at the end of those 4 he could have been a UFA right away if he'd wanted to.

If they wanted to keep him as a prospect it was in their best interest not to be too forceful. He could have easily done as he wanted and decided he didn't want to sign with the Caps, take his chances with some other team.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote