View Single Post
Old
07-08-2010, 09:05 PM
gravytrain6t

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
I would be totally okay with giving both Staal and Girardi longer-term contracts.

Staal(8 years @ 4.5 million/year----32 million)
Girardi(5 years @ 3.3 million/year-----16.5 million)
I thought that was the problem with Staal. Not the amount per year. But I think he wants fewer years. I really don't see how 4.5/per, for 4 years is not acceptable. If he wants fewer years than that, I have too wonder why? So at 27 years of age maybe he will have proved he's deserving of more than that and the Rangers will then set him up for life. He is a real good shutdown "D" man. I just hope he doesn't think he's a super star already. He might be the next Scott Niedermayer or Rob Blake. Not yet though.

Girardi is well worth the signing. As mentioned. The whole Gaborik thing is history. Girardi learned his lesson and proved to the staff later on in the year that he was willing to drop the gloves and stick up for his teammate without sleeping on it.

Other than that, everyone knows what we're getting with him. He plays a consistent, effective, "stay at home game," and helps kill many penalties. If he can net 10 goals, that's gravy. He and Staal are the best back there.