View Single Post
Old
07-09-2010, 12:07 AM
roseyc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Preds fans need to get over the whole Peverly situation. That type of thing was the exception rather than the norm. Another thing is I don't see O'Reilly's skillset transferring to the NHL level anywhere at anytime. Peverly wasn't successful here but you could see the skillset that would allow him to be successful. Fast, good hands, smart, good shot. The only great assets O'Reilly has is good hands and great vision/playmaking skills. That is it. He is small psychically and weak and can't create space for himself. He can be a problem in your own zone because he can't and won't take anyone off the puck. He doesn't shoot the puck and relies to greatly on his passing skills. I just don't see him ever being a NHL regular and fully expect him and Sulzer to not be on the team when the regular season starts.
Well said! I've had my problems with Trotz on some issues but on this one I don't have any qualms with him at all. He tried to give Jones and O'Reilly plenty of time to pitch in and score and they didn't and haven't. It's not about giving somebody ice time they have to earn it. Wilson wasn't handed a job he earned it. He contributed it bits and pieces and more ice time was given and his talent showed up. All that time that Wilson was hurt and rehabed O'Reilly could have put in some goals but he didn't. He may go on and do well but he never has been a big time scorer in his career why should we expect to all of sudden score 20 goals. For every Peverly there are plenty of players that didn't do well after they left here.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote