vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post
The way I see it our forward lines are,

Sullivan Lombardi Kostitsyn
Erat Wilson Hornqvist
Ward Legwand O'Reilly
Tootoo Goc Spaling

So that leaves Dumont and Smithson out. I have been hearing that the Sens may be willing to get rid of Campoli and I think he would be a great addition to our blueline! Small contract, decent size, young, and could benefit from a change in scenery. I have heard Ottawa fans say they like Dumont and I think he would fit in well in their system. Just a thought.

But is there any decent defensemen that we could possibly acquire for Dumont and Smithson??

If not, what do we do with the two extra forward bodies??

And if not, Blum is a shoe in to make the roster!!

We could even throw in Klein in a deal with Jerred and JP.

Blueline would be,

Weber Suter
Bouillon Franson
Blum Parent

Thoughts???
On your first line you have three guys who have never played together
Your second line should be your first line
You've got it wrong O'Reilly is odd man out
JP is twice as good as O'Reilly
Smithson is ok if he stays on the 4th line. He's a good penalty killer
What's wrong with Klein? He's only been in the league for 2 years. Since he is not a offensive D his skills get overlooked. Did you remember that pass he made to Sully in Game 3 of the playoffs off the boards that broke Sully and Legwand out on a two on one and Sully fed Legwand for the score. Defenseman take more time than forwards do. Blum will make his mistakes. You know more players get more playing time due to injury than performance. Also the pairing of Hamhuis and Klein never worked. Just like Erat and Legwand don't work. Why is there panic about our D? Most teams play rookies. We played Franson and Sulzer last year. Trotz is a defensive coach his forte is fixing defenses.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote