View Single Post
Old
07-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Synergy27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Fan in NJ View Post
I wrote some of the prices of what I was looking for from HockeyMonkey down on my phone's notepad app and when I got to the store they were all either the same or cheaper.

Until now I've found it okay for a store's prices to be a bit more than online, but now I see that reasonable prices can still be found.

Not sure what you were looking at in the store.
I'm an online clearance junkie. The prices of high end stuff from just one year ago get slashed as soon as the new, fancy, bright-colored stuff comes out and I am always ready to pounce.

I understand that brick and mortar stores can't really work with that business model. Limited floor space means no room for old stuff. It's just the way it is I'm afraid.

That said, I really was impressed by this place. It is enormous, so much so that when I first pulled into the parking lot I thought that this might be a warehouse instead of a store (i.e., not accessible to the public). It is absolutely the best store currently in the area; better than Non-Stop and any of the pro-shops, and having moved up here from Monmouth County, I think it's even better than Ocean Hockey down in Brick which was the gold standard when I was a kid.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote