View Single Post
Old
04-02-2005, 01:09 PM
ceber

vCash: 500
I've got plantar fasciitis in my right foot, and both my feet are pronated. The pronation lead to knee pain (according to sports medicine folks) called patellofermoral pain syndrome (basically the knee cap gets out of alignment due to the pronation and causes knee pain). A physical therapist gave me exercises to strengthen my legs and gluts, and I haven't had any problems since. I _always_ wear orthotics in my shoes (extremely important if you've got flat feet, according to my doc), and bought some SuperFeet insoles for my skates that seem to help. I'd highly recommend seeing a sports medicine physician if you can. I saw a GP initially and while he did diagnose the problem he prescribed exercises that didn't help and possibly made it worse. The sports doc I saw discussed what was happening specifically when I was skating, and correctly diagnosed which muscles needed to be strengthened to improve my alignment problems. YMMV, of course, but I really felt like I understood what was causing the pain after I saw the sports doc.