Old
07-10-2010, 01:54 PM
NomNom
Oh Yeah

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to NomNom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Awesome. The only thing that still worries me is an offer sheet from LA.

At first I was all for a deal centered around Ryan and Staal, but now I don't like the idea. The reason is because the Ducks prospect pool on defense is pretty stacked, where as we are pretty thin at forwards. Fowler, Sbisa, Gardner, Mitera, and Mikkelson make up a pretty good future defense corps.
LA needs to follow SJs lead here and pounce on a rival:

An offer of 6M x 3YR, would be pretty sneaky move by LA.

At worst, you make Anaheim sign a contract that would not be a favorable one for the Ducks.

Duck's will be coughing up more then they wanted to pay for, Bobby Ryan, by 1M (Their offer being at 5M) but also would be make Ryan a UFA at the end of the contract.

I understand that the Ducks are trying to offer Ryan a more lucrative (although sub-6M/yr) offer to stay long term, and a less financially favorable short term deal. I think the hold up is Ducks trying to avoid the 3 year term all together.

I also understand, Anaheim has an internal cap by management (Although, I could be wrong)

At best, LA picks up Bobby Ryan! and based on last seasons compensation, LA would have to pay up just a First, Second, and a Third. Chump change for LA

It's a win-win! (for LA )

NomNom is offline   Reply With Quote