Old
07-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomNomNom View Post
LA needs to follow SJs lead here and pounce on a rival:

An offer of 6M x 3YR, would be pretty sneaky move by LA.

At worst, you make Anaheim sign a contract that would not be a favorable one for the Ducks.

Duck's will be coughing up more then they wanted to pay for, Bobby Ryan, by 1M (Their offer being at 5M) but also would be make Ryan a UFA at the end of the contract.

I understand that the Ducks are trying to offer Ryan a more lucrative (although sub-6M/yr) offer to stay long term, and a less financially favorable short term deal. I think the hold up is Ducks trying to avoid the 3 year term all together.

I also understand, Anaheim has an internal cap by management (Although, I could be wrong)

At best, LA picks up Bobby Ryan! and based on last seasons compensation, LA would have to pay up just a First, Second, and a Third. Chump change for LA

It's a win-win!
Bob Murray: "If somebody wants to give him an offer sheet, we have lots of space. We'll match."

Could set up a real interesting offseason next year though. With the Kings needing to sign Simmonds, Johnson, and Doughty things could get interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
From someone who watched a lot of Fowler last season, hes not NHL ready(gonna be a good d man, but isn`t there yet)

The free agent crop of d men is running pretty thin right now. Good luck finding a top 4 in there to play with Wiz.
Brookbank and Sbisa is gonna be a pretty shaky bottom pair.(usually want a solid vet to pair with rooks)
I agree Fowler will not be ready. Management has stated Sbisa will play a top 4 role somewhere, either in Syracuse or in Anaheim but he wont be on a bottom pairing. Brookbank was a great #6 towards the 2nd half of last season, most are very confident with him on the 3rd pairing.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote