Thread: Speculation: The Preds' "Huge" Move
View Single Post
Old
07-10-2010, 04:25 PM
roseyc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
The thread was on the 'Huge Move' people were hoping for, but if we're talking about the contracts given to Erat and Legwand you could consult one of the many posts 101st has so dutifully written about how, at the time the contracts were negotiated, the money was right for prior production..

I'd say that Legwand and Erat have above-average abilities, and it has shown in the past. Tootoo has played in over 350 NHL games, so even if he's average he's doing better than most players drafted that year. You can't expect anyone to draft a new group of studs every year, and if we did the complaint would turn to "why can't we ever keep our good players/prospects?"

As far as the question about GMs, you posed it to Visqi. Not me. That's why I didn't answer.
The Thread is a "Huge Move" but a variety of topics are discussed in the topic and that is how we got around to discussing the GM. Whatever you say about Legwand and Erat they haven't performed to their salary whether is what right at the time or not. You can't have your top salary players under performing. You can't them just above average. They have to suceed beyond their salary. Tootoo is a waste on this team and his salary doesn't equal what he supposed to bring. He is only here for his popularity.