Thread: Confirmed with Link: Shea Weber named captain!!!
View Single Post
Old
07-10-2010, 09:17 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeAgentFan View Post
Okay, first of all, and i mean no disrespect by this, but I never thought that the Nashville Predators board would be the one to inspire me to officially sign up and leave a post... but that's how much I love Shea Weber. (Sorry, I guess there's no way for that to not sound like a backhanded compliment.)

And quite frankly, I think the Preds have one of the top 4 GMs in the league. Unlike Glen Sather and his empty claims from his Edmonton days, I do think Poile could put together something special if he had the budget for it.

Back to Weber though. Naming him captain is... would it be over-the-top for me to say "epic"? As a fan of the game, I have to say, I love the heart and grit Predators teams exhibit. A lot of the time, its not pretty, but the workmanlike diligence counts for something in my book, and Weber is the face of that from what I've seen. I hope this helps in locking him up for a long time.

To whomever said he's the next Scott Stevens, that's blasphemy to me, but Weber is pretty damn close.

I was lucky enough to be at the Olympics and at one game, I saw him break the glass in the first first period, and rip a hole THROUGH THE NET in the second. If only he broke someone's leg with that slapshot, then I could coin the phrase "Shea Weber hat trick."

This move has made me decide that one of my hockey trips this year will be to a Predators game. There's a lot of good Saturday match-ups I'm thinking about (Hawks, Kings, Wings, Yotes, Avs)... Any of you locals have a recommendation based on rivalry which games are typically "sure things" for an exciting battle?

Thanks in advance and best of luck this year. Weber Mancrush Over.
Well he has hurt numerous players with his shot before. He broke Erats foot or leg I dont remember but it was during the playoff race and it was a big reason we fell short of the playoffs the season before last. I suggest a Chicago game because I know those are going to be awesome to watch. Or Detroit, those never fail and they usually are some of the best games to see each year.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote