View Single Post
Old
07-10-2010, 11:07 PM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Taylor Beck has impressed me. The kid loves to shoot the puck. He's got a good hard wrister and has a knack of going to the net in drills. I think he's a sleeper from last years draft.

Zach Budish is a big kid who also likes shooting and going to the net. He doesn't have the shot that Beck has but he's an imposing force with a good competitive streak. During faceoff drills, he gave it his all and didn't like getting beat, even though he's a winger.

Mark Santorelli has his brothers knack of putting the puck in the net in practice but I don't think he's got the size or strength to make it to the next level.

Rask has been a very nice surprise as has Cehlin. Both have very good skills and are ultra competitive.

Foss and Ekholm on the blue line have both looked pretty solid. Nothing spectacular but solid. Foss goes to RPI which has a tendency to put out players who are good defensively. Could be a nice find if he pans out. Good defensive defenseman.

Josi and Ellis could make a very dynamic pair in time. Josi is smooth out there and Ellis has top notch skills. He is always able to get a good shot on net. How he gets it through traffic or allows his guys to tip it are amazing to me but for a little guy, he's gonna be a good one. He also doesn't mind getting physical and picking his spots when he does.

Blum has looked disinterested as others have stated. Just looks bored more than anything.

Roussel and Watson have looked better to me as camp has moved on. They just didn't have any flow on Wednesday but today I think they started to find their stride.

I will say this, after being at camp the last bunch of years, I notice we have more guys with talent so certain guys don't stand out as much now. Before, you could always tell the really good players from the guys that never had a chance. Now I watch these camps and notice the depth of players we have coming up in the system. It's really fun to watch to be honest and the competition is going to make everyone play and compete harder which will make everyone better in the long run because nothing is a given as far as making a roster spot whether it be here, in Milwaukee or in Cincinnati.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote