View Single Post
Old
07-11-2010, 10:30 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
I have no idea what to do with myself now. The excitement has worn off.

I guess I should just go back to writing but that just isn't as fun anymore. Is it hockey season yet?
Had a similar situation recently in that it was confusing and hard to deal with, but it wasn't a girlfriend cheating on me. My best (female) friend is a person I've had strong feelings for over the course of some six or seven years, but timing has always been a problem. Mainly because I screwed things up way back when, and she's been in one of three relationships since then (even one engagement that didn't work). I had pretty much decided it wasn't going to happen until one night she was finally single and we were hanging out. One thing led to another, and for a period of five or six days things were looking like they finally worked between us. Then, it just hit a wall. She wants to enjoy being single for practically the first time in her adult life, and she just got out of a relationship with a very jealous, emotionally unstable guy who liked to try to control her.

It sucked to realize, but I had to let her do what she needs to do. She decided she wasn't ready to dive right back into something, and I decided I'd rather have her as a great friend rather than ruining things by pushing something that just isn't right yet.

Anyway, I know it's a different situation, but it looks like we both were able to gain a foothold on what really needed to be done. Just hang in there. Don't slip

Most importantly, though, I told her I'd be turning her into a hockey fanatic this coming season and she seemed ok with the idea.