View Single Post
04-03-2005, 03:33 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,611
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by ceber
I'd highly recommend seeing a sports medicine physician if you can. I saw a GP initially and while he did diagnose the problem he prescribed exercises that didn't help and possibly made it worse. The sports doc I saw discussed what was happening specifically when I was skating, and correctly diagnosed which muscles needed to be strengthened to improve my alignment problems. YMMV, of course, but I really felt like I understood what was causing the pain after I saw the sports doc.
That's an interesting read, though not surprising. Sports med docs have an extra year or two of specialization that GPs don't get. As well, GPs are concerned with a host of other problems involving other systems of the body. There's too much for them to know. So, as a consequence, they look stupid compared to specialists and are often talked down during consultations.

fcbarcelona is offline