View Single Post
Old
07-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Haberdashery

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Perhaps a bit more than just "open for debate", considering the Leblanc pick last year, and how highly Ribeiro was touted coming off his 67 goal, 167 pts in 69 games performance for the Huskies in his draft year, followed by 18 goals, 49 pts in 23 games when he was sent back down to the Q as a 19 year old. Furthermore, look at Ribeiro's numbers at age 20 with Quebec in the AHL and tell me you don't notice a remarkable similarity to what Eller did last year down there.
I hear ya - I would consider Leblanc to be the second best center prospect since Koivu.

Bringing out Rib's Q numbers made me laugh - Jacques Cossette once scored more than 200 points in the Q...so is he Pittsburgh's best-ever winger prospect?

Eller is significantly bigger, significantly better defensively, significantly more mature, significantly better skater, significantly grittier and a better goal scorer than Ribs. I would say Ribs is/was probably a better playmaker, and that's it.

The only reason Ribs played in Mtl in a teenager was because our depth sucked at that time

Haberdashery is offline   Reply With Quote