View Single Post
Old
07-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck Off View Post
Victor Oreskovich doesn't belong in the "only bringing toughness" group with Rypien, Hordi, and Glass. In his 50 career NHL games hes has 26 PIM's. Not really numbers that scream "goon" to anyone. This kid isn't a bad player at all. He's a good skater who finishes his hits often and finishes them hard. He'll drop the mitts when needed but I think anyone expecting him to fight like Rypien will be dissapointed. On the contrary, if you're expecting Rypien-type hockey skills you'll be more than pleasantly surprised.
If he can't PK, then he's just another middleweight goon. (I don't know if he can or not, just saying) You only get so many forward slots. What is the point of having more than two 13th/14th forward banger/scrapper types who can't play the PK? It's just a dumb allocation of resources.

And the bolded part is pretty much the definition of middleweight goon. He just fights a little less than Rypien, etc. Doesn't instantly mean he's a superior player. He played in the weaker conference in the worst division on the fourth line of a team with painfully awful forward depth. I'd wait until training camp at least before elevating him above Rypien, Glass, etc.

Waveburner is offline   Reply With Quote