Thread: GDT: Spain vs Netherlands
View Single Post
Old
07-11-2010, 05:24 PM
HomaridII

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
This year's Liverpool would have finished out of the Champions League spot in any country they would have competed in. They were dreadful from start to finish.

As for the differences between leagues, yes of course, Spanish football is the best technical football. Quick, one touch passing is what attracts the purists the most. However, as this is a hockey forum, I think most hockey fans who are trying to get into club football would prefer the Premier League. It's a more direct game, it's more physical and the pace is quite good when watching the elite teams (which now includes Spurs). Furthermore, you do tend to see less theatrics, and you have hard men that really take exception to that type of behaviour (I think most of Martin Keown, or Roy Keane is the past). Those "hard" players would definitely appeal to the general hockey fan IMO.
Roy Keane is the only player of whom I've owned an Original Shirt. I prayed every saturday/sunday to Roy ... hehehehe

That game in the semifinals of the Champions League 99 vs Juventus in Turin is still the single most amazing performance in club football that I've seen live or on TV.

Here is what Ferguson said about that performance:

"I did not think I could have a higher opinion of any footballer than I already had of the Irishman but he rose even further in my estimation at the Stadio Delle Alpi. The minute he was booked and out of the final, he seemed to redouble his efforts to get the team there. It was the most emphatic display of selflessness I have seen on a football field. Pounding over every blade of grass, competing as if he would rather die of exhaustion than lose, he inspired all around him. I felt it was an honour to be associated with such a player."

I am 100000% sure WhiteSnake would have loved him .. lol

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote