View Single Post
Old
07-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I don't see the problem. The Habs had a surplus of goaltending and were lacking a young centreman and size. They got both in Eller and Schultz. Maybe they could have found an extra pick if they waited or maybe these teams go a different direction. So you are offered exactly what the organization needs, why wouldn't you take it?
I support the trade. Those who oppose it will say that you traded a proven commodity for potential that will not necessarily be reached.

I like the trade because Gauthier identified that depth wins you games and that the more depth you have, the less you need to rely on one player, in this case for montreal that player was the goaltender.

If Eller pans out(which there is a very, very good chance of happening) we will have three strong two-way centers in Eller, Plekanec and Gomez. Also, Eller brings in a very unique dimension to our center position which makes the trade that more interesting coupled with his low cap hit.

Montreal traded from a position of strength to fill up a need. That need was cheap depth at the center position and we got it.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote