View Single Post
Old
07-11-2010, 10:20 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
Were you there all week Chris? If so what were your first impressions of the new draft picks.
I wasn't there everyday, but I got to a few days and read accounts of other things. HF is going through a cleaning, and I'm one of the lead members. It's going to be a busy summer, but I'm trying to clear time for the entire Rookie Camp.

Anyway, I really wasn't that interested in our newer prospects. We won't have a good bearing on them from this camp anyway. I was focusing more on our signed free-agents. I noted that Luukko looked really nervous and almost out of place because of this. Even so, he's not the first to go through that at these camps.

Blidstrand was better than I expected. Chaput didn't impress me at all. Most of the newer guys were pretty quiet. It felt as if they were there just to experience it and get used to it as opposed to actually learning anything.

Biggest disappoint of the camp was clearly Pither. I was hoping he'd show some signs that he was indeed trying to mold himself into a more dynamic player. He has the talent, but scoresheet moochers don't make good NHLers. He's got the talent to be a real weapon. He needs to take over things.