View Single Post
Old
07-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitual Fan View Post
With two guys everyone has penciled into the top 2 lines that struggled at the end of the season in Pouliot and Kostitsyn, I don't see the organization taking the risk of losing a goal scorer who could win that spot if one of the two slumps out of the gate.
Since the 4th line lacks toughness anyways, no harm in keeping Trotter there to begin the year, and perhaps he can give some secondary goal support when matched up with other teams' 4th liners.
I guess it's possible you can carry him on the team as an extra forward, but at the end of the day, we're inevitably going to lose some forwards, sacrifice them if you will. We have a glut of good, talented but not great AHL forwards right now. The ones that get older and waiver eligible we're going to either let go or trade (see D'agostini), and pick up younger non-waiver eligible players (see Palushaj). It would be great if we we're allowed 60 not 50 contracts, but such is life. I like Trotter a lot, but unless he has a phenomenal camp, he's going the way of the waiver wire, pure and simple.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote