Thread: GDT: Spain vs Netherlands
View Single Post
Old
07-12-2010, 03:24 AM
Max Levine

vCash: 500
WC thread was closed quickly, lol

I'm quite disappointed with the way the Dutch have played today. Van Marwijk said a couple days ago that they weren't afraid; well, he lied. So many fouls, numerous bad passes, kicking the ball away; the Netherlands didn't make it a beautiful game at all. The whole match should have been played the way they did in extra time. Obviously, everyone was too tired to tackle.

Poor Webb. It was obvious he didn't want to be involved in the result which surely explains his inconsistency: yellow cards where there shouldn't have been, red card on De Jong missed, other obvious fouls that would have deserved a yellow. But again, the anti-play made his job difficult.

Van Marwijk wasn't as lucky as Del Bosque with his substitutions. While Navas and Fabregas were very efficient, Elia wasn't a factor and Van Der Vaart found himself right in the middle of the play that lead to the goal.

I understand Mathijsen's frustration for the free kick deflected that should have been a corner kick but that play didn't lead to the goal. In the end, the best team won. The Dutch had their chances. The Spaniards had as many if not more. I only wish the show would have been much better.

Congrats to Spain! They have certainly shown why they were the European Champions and why they were rated #1.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote