Old
07-12-2010, 09:45 PM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Typical Sather.

Saying all the right things yet doing none of them.
I'm no Sather apologist, but he's managed to NOT trade away all our youth and move the youth that wasn't going to pan out for whatever assets he could get.

Maybe we didn't strike gold from most of those deals, but the best young player we let go post lockout was Petr Prucha, then Dominic Moore, then Nigel Dawes (solid third liners) and after that it's really a moot point (Jed Ortmeyer, Korpikoski, Pyatt, Sanguinetti, Montoya...)

He said no to Sean Avery at $4mil per year and managed to get him half price less than a year later. Can you imagine how quick everyone would've gone from "I can't believe Sather won't give Avery his money and is going to let him walk!!!" to "I can't believe Sather paid this average 3rd liner $4mil per year!!!"

He does a lot of the right things then ruins them with truly boneheaded, knee jerk signings that I sometimes think James Dolan has just as much to do with as Sather does. Outside of free agency, it's been a long time since Sather has made a truly stupid move.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote