View Single Post
Old
07-12-2010, 09:59 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
He said no to Sean Avery at $4mil per year and managed to get him half price less than a year later. Can you imagine how quick everyone would've gone from "I can't believe Sather won't give Avery his money and is going to let him walk!!!" to "I can't believe Sather paid this average 3rd liner $4mil per year!!!"

He does a lot of the right things then ruins them with truly boneheaded, knee jerk signings that I sometimes think James Dolan has just as much to do with as Sather does. Outside of free agency, it's been a long time since Sather has made a truly stupid move.
Two good points... Fans would be livid if we were paying $3.5-4 million for the Avery we got last season.... Also, people like to hate on Sather but they should at least acknowledge that it's one aspect of his General Management that is highly questionable, his FA signings... Post he has retained all of our highest potential prospects and not traded away any of the core players that we've wanted retained (Staal, Dubinsky, Callahan), despite there being a definitive demand... It's okay to not like Sather but I at least wish people would give him credit where credit is due and criticism where criticism is due.... I'm not even sure I like the guy but I can't hate him entirely because I think he has managed our young players very well, and I'm the guy with the signed and now retired Prucha jersey hanging up in my closet.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote