Old
07-13-2010, 08:50 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGraham View Post
Trotter would clear no problem, Carle im not sure

Does Weber need to clear to be send down?
no, it's the last year for Weber, the following season he will have to clear waivers to be sent down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitual Fan View Post
This implies him being a player nobody wanted. This is far from the truth, he was signed as a free-agent out of university, The same way Toronto signed Bozak and Hanson, and the Rangers signed Gilroy. I don't think it bodes well for the chances of signing players outside the draft(i.e. US colleges or Canadian Juniors) in the future if he is not at least given a chance at the NHL level. Agents and players will be hesitant if they perceive that to be the situation here.
Not sure how signing a FA implies nobody wanted him. But if they did want him, they could have drafted him in either of the two previous drafts before he signed.

But the Habs have to do what's best for them, not what's best for Brock Trotter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Danielson View Post
No we got him after he left college and chose the Habs out of like 10 teams.
I don't recall hearing 10 teams were intersted, as his signing sort of came out of no where since he was being kicked off his team and possibily out of school so he opted to sign with an NHL team, and it was said that the Habs showed a lot of interest in him for the '07 draft but never selected him so he signed with us.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote