View Single Post
Old
10-01-2003, 07:08 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers89
lol. Everybody has injuries. Edmonton didn't even have one single player that played in every game. They had key players out for extended games. Don't give me the excuse becuase of injuries you were that far behind.

Ryan Smyth - shoulder (missed 16 games)
Mike Comrie - broken thumb (missed 13 games)
Mike York - broken wrist (missed 11 games; played in playoffs with cast on wrist)
Steve Staios - concussion (missed 6 games)
Eric Brewer - shoulder (missed 2 games)
Georges Laraque - sprained wrist, elbow, knee (missed 18 games)
Jason Smith - separated shoulder (missed 14 games)

And there's more. What about Los Angeles, Montreal, Phoenix, NY Rangers, Toronto, Ottawa. They all had injuries.
the difference is Nashville is an expansion team with little to no depth. Besides that our whole first line went down at the same time.....being a weak scoring team to beging with, it was hard to win games with only 1 goal put in ;( Also, its nice to mention that our capatin missed almost 50 games as well. Its not an excuse, its a reality. Partialy healthy Nashville was within 1 point of the oilers, with Legwand and others out, they fell off the race. Same goes for L.A. who almost undboutedly would have made the playoffs last year if they did not have so many injuries. Everyteam gets injuries, I know, but the quantity and the players injured have a big effect on teams. Also, it is important to note if the injuries were just minor ones that caused players to miss a few games, or an extended injury as AJ and Legwands were last year.