View Single Post
Old
07-13-2010, 03:13 PM
OpenWheel

vCash: 500
I don't blame Erat. I've never blamed Erat. I think it's a bit silly to blame Erat.

That was a coaching staff, and team, loss. As soon as they brought out the powerplay unit, the movie doom doom doom music began playing in my head. I was angry when I saw that. (As much as I praise Jason Arnott's incredible hustling defensive game...) I don't even like the strategy they were told either.

Sure, the players need to get it done. Erat made an error. From then on the team and defense made bigger errors. But I've seen Trotz talk about it three times. Each time he blames the players for not doing anything the coaches told them. ("Keep it low". Wow, there's a sophisticated strategy, not. And a terrible one.) It's not like Trotz. I wish he'd either shut up or shoulder the blame. That's what leaders do. And he really deserves the lion's share of the blame as he had a poor strategy and a poor choice of personnel.

Sometimes #### happens. And we didn't win game six anyway. But in this game, I would say the uncovered back side of the net, allowing a man to sneak in there, was just as big as anything Erat did at the far end. And the coaching choices started the mess and were the big problem. Putting a powerplay unit out when in reality it was much more like a penalty kill situation while up a man, lol. And the strategy should have been similar to a penalty kill situation, playing keep away using all the ice. With the massive (almost unbeatable...) advantage of up a man instead of down one. Unbelievable crash and burn, and it was as much coaching as anything.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 07-13-2010 at 03:51 PM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote