View Single Post
Old
07-13-2010, 09:17 PM
lightning_legwand*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
He didn't even do close to that in the AHL. 20g and 35 assists is almost a star. He's still young so I suppose he could do something big like that someday with good linemates, but to me his scoring high end is lower than that. He's a utility man, maybe up to a third line, not a second liner.

I think Spaling is ok. A bit overrated around here. Since Trotz loves "detail" we'll probably end up with both Spaling and Smithson, which I won't like. But either one of them does play a useful role. I'd prefer Smithson for his experience, but if Spaling makes the team as well, I'd rather Smithson go. I don't think I can take another year of seeing guys like Smithson and Spaling playing roles on what should be offensive lines. It makes me pull my hair out.

I guess just with me living in Kitchener, watching the Rangers tear it up and he was their second best forward, I have a little higher of hopes for him, he put up big numbers in the OHL, but that is a stretch from NHL by far. But he definitely plays a very, very well rounded game. I think he will be a good solid guy for years to come. Definitely a keeper! I really want to see what him and O'Reilly can do if given top line minutes, even just for a handful of games to try it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
I'd think that a second rounder is fair value for Smithson, honestly.

Yea? That sounds good to me! If he has that much value, maybe (like I have mentioned before) we package him with Dumont and get a little more juice out of the deal! Just a thought!

Who do you figure are the most likely candidates for Spaling's linemates???

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote