View Single Post
Old
07-14-2010, 12:06 AM
roseyc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post
I hear ya! It is weird how some of these guys can tear it up in the juniors and some can translate that to the NHL and others cant.

I think that you guys are going to really really like Halischuk as well, he plays a similar game to Spaling. Both had tons of offensive flash in OHL together.

Also,

When I said Spaling's BEST POSSIBLE season could be 20G 35A, I agree that it was maybe a bit over exagerated, but I did not mean he will be doing that on the regular, but I mean once maybe he is well adjusted and if he shows enough potential to try some games on a top line, he could possibly get that IMO. But that is biggest possible upside that we could ever imagine for Nick!

What do you think happens with Thuresson?? Would he be packaged into a deal with Smithson possibly or just play in Milwaukee this season and wait another year for cracking Preds??? I do not know much about his game. Does he play similar to Spaling?

Also, do you think Smithson could use his body more effectively?? I have thought he could be more aggressive at times, maybe its just me...
Smithson is not going anywhere he is Trotz's boy. Plus why give away a real good penalty killer. Good faceoff man. Spaling is still young and makes more than Smithson anyways. You also have to factor injuries which happen every year. So why get rid of either. Smithson can't go down to Milw. Spaling can.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote