View Single Post
Old
07-14-2010, 01:11 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Erat doesn't deserve to shoulder the entire blame, but he started the whole series of events in motion with one completely unnecessary play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher View Post
Oh well. I saw the brilliance in the idea, just didn't work out.
I did, too. It's pretty obvious to see what Erat was thinking. Arnott was all alone in the slot, NO ONE was within 5 feet of him. But instead of the puck going straight to Arnott, it hit the side of the net and was turned over. If Arnott gets the pass, he may have scored and that's one of the best Preds goals ever or maybe the goalie stops it and there is a faceoff.

But really there was no need to pass at all. Erat did and it was turned over, leading to....

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
The Preds had all 5 guys in the defensive zone when the goal was scored. Ward was in front with Kane and another Hawk. Weber, Suter and Erat all went after Toews when he got the puck and then shot, the rebound came to Kane and the puck was in the net.
Even then there was no reason for the Hawks to score. All someone had to do was lay down in front of the puck. Just one of Weber, Suter or Erat block the shot, not try to stick check the puck. I mean, with so little time left, tackle Toews if you have to before he shoots the puck. If they call a penalty so what, time probably would have run out before a Predator player touched the puck. Even if we did get a penalty called (it would have been a 5 on 4 with their extra man for the goalie), on the faceoff all the guy would have had to do would be fall down on top of the puck or just tie up the other faceoff guy and everyone collapse on the puck.

Just because the puck got down to our defensive end didn't mean they had to score.

Erat is definitely not the only one to be blamed.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote