View Single Post
Old
10-01-2003, 07:53 PM
FacelessButcher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
can you guarantee that comrie will ever score 33 goals again? no. likewise, i can't guarantee that hartnell will ever score in any great numbers, but as we both(should) know, there's more to hockey than scoring. there's an "if" attached to both players, but at the moment, i'd rather have hartnell. he's bigger, cheaper, younger...and isn't currently causing a national scene by demanding trades\more money. in fact, hartnell accepted his qualifying offer, which was a very modest amount.
I would say that its far more likely that Comrie will reproduce what hes already done then what some think Hartnell can possibly accomplish even though he's played more games and has failed to get even close to somewhat similair numbers to Comrie. All your reasons for liking Hartnell are acceptable and valid and I think its great he took the qualifying offer but I think ur just a tinsy bit homerish for thinking Hartnell's the better player.Yes there is more to hockey than scoring and Hartnell will be a great player. Just not better than Comrie . I haven't seen Hartnell in pre-season maybe he's a re-invented player but only time will tell.