View Single Post
Old
07-14-2010, 10:29 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalakRulz View Post
Based on what I've seen from Price so far in his career....I wouldn't pay him a penny more than $2 million a season right now!!!!!

He's gotten worse every year and still hasn't shown any maturity. He hasn't shown any indication that he can handle the pressure of playing in Montreal either...and thats important. Halak handled the pressure and the spotlight very well and he's improved every season since joining the Habs.....he's the guy we should have kept, but thats another story.

I would sign Price for 2 years/$2 million a year. If he doesn't improve this year and next year.....then he's gone for whatever we can get for him.

I believe that Price has great talent and could be a great goalie someday, but I don't think he'll ever step up his game and be that #1 goalie we've needed since Roy left. I honestly think that Price will have his best seasons in the NHL in another teams jersey. Montreal is too much for him....at least thats what he has shown so far with his inconsistant play.
I have to disagree on some of your points.

I thought he gained a lot of maturity last season having to sit and work his butt off to play due to Halak's big year.

Also I'm not sure how you can say he got worse every year, the stats don't back that up.

Price IMHO has been victim of too much being given to him too soon as well as unfair expectations for a 20-21-22 year old goalie. His development is right on par with some of the top guys in the NHL.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote