View Single Post
Old
07-14-2010, 12:16 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I think he would fetch a hell of a lot higher than that. Scouting HF, BJs would have interest in him, Canucks, Chicago, Atlanta.

The guy has some scoring punch and plays a strong 4th line. 2nd or 3rd in this weak draft.

The players I could see jettisoned this season are Smithy and Sully. Both on the last years of their deals and the plan is to replace them with younger players (Smithson for one of the 8 billion forwards in Milwaukee. Radulov for Sully...... Maybe). Also I see a LOT of offensive forwards in the market who need homes.

I'm going to be insane on this because this goes WAY out of status quo for the Preds, but if the current batch of forwards can't find homes what if they are willing to take cheap 1 year offers to get into NEXT year's UFA market? Or say Nashville goes totally crazy, finds a way to trade Sully and Tootoo and one other forward for picks and offers Kovy a 1 year 5.5 million dollar deal. Doesn't risk Weber because it's a 1 year deal.

You GOT to think the forwards in the UFA system are beginning to feel desperate.
did you really just type that?

Smithson has ZERO offensive skills.. his goals are typically either empty netters or richochets off his butt.

Sully is only traded if we are out of it at the deadline.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote