View Single Post
Old
07-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Shady McCoy
Eagles That Quack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Ok so just to verify. Please, correct me if wrong.

Say we call Laliberte up. And then send him back down. He passes through waivers, correct?

If he is "waived" does that mean that any time after clearing waivers, another team can pick him up because he is waived? Or is it only the time when he is "clearing waives" can another team claim him?

Also, if he was waived and then called up again, he would have to go through re-entry waivers also, correct?
He can only be claimed while on waivers. After he clears he will stay with the Phantoms until the event that he is called back up. Also, by reading the website I posted I don't think that he has to go through re-entry.

Quote:
Re-entry waivers new to this CBA is the provision that certain players recalled to the NHL must clear waivers to join the team holding his NHL rights; any other team may claim said player for 50% of his cap hit and salary, with the team attempting to recall taking the other 50% of each. In general, players are not subject to re-entry [recall] waivers unless:

The player is on a -way contract and is subject to waivers when assigned to the minors; or
The player is on a 2-way contract whose minor league salary is in excess of
2007-08: $100,000
2008-09: $100,000
2009-10: $105,000
2010-11: $105,000
2011-12: $105,000

#2 above does not apply to a player who

If a goalie, the goalie has played in 180 or more professional games [NHL, AHL, or ECHL; regular season and playoffs] or, if a skater, 320 or more professional games; AND
Has not spent more than 80 games on an NHL roster in the prior 2 seasons or 40 or more games on an NHL roster in the immediately prior season.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Shady McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote