View Single Post
Old
07-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Legionnaire11
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
As far as your first statement goes, you're ok with keeping Smithson even though there are more talented kids that can outperform him and will have to be replaced in time by other kids who have more talent than Smithson? We know what we get in Smithson and that's fine. I'd rather have more well rounded talent on the ice and if we have to replace them in a few years with other kids with the same skills I'm good with that. Our lower line guys have to bring more to the table than other teams because of our internal cap. Smithson has served his purpose but I think he's on his way out.
Like you said, we know what we have in Smithson. Because of our financial situation, we're also a team that needs as many sure things as possible. Smithson has proven himself over several seasons. Kids with more upside can still be developed and worked into the lineup, I certainly don't think that Jerred Smithson is blocking the path of any serviceable NHL forwards, certainly none that will outperform his role for his salary.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote