Thread: News Article: Jody Shelley a good signing?
View Single Post
Old
07-14-2010, 03:14 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Yes, you can judge signings. You can judge cap hits and contract lengths.
But you can't. Jody Shelley could wind up being a significant part of this team just like Lappy was. He got almost the same contract as Lappy did. At this point you can't say with any real authority that it is a bad signing. Do I like it? No, not really. But he very well could be a real nice addition to this team. I have a friend who is a die-hard Sharks fan and plenty of Rangers fans friends who all are saying how lucky they Flyers are to have this guy. Before Lappy came to the team I wasn't too psyched on him. And just like Lappy, I think Shelley is the type of player that you don't really appreciate until he is on your team. But like I said, I am not psyched on the signing, but there is no real way to judge it at this point. When all the moves are made and everything shakes out, Shelley could be solidly planted on the fourth line with Betts and Lappy, which could be a pretty tough line to play against. I am very interested to see what moves are made from this point on. Who knows, maybe Shelley will be buried in the minors. Only time will tell.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote