Old
07-14-2010, 08:00 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Savvy Lee View Post
Respectfully disagree.

Look, I overreacted a bit because some people on this very thread just looked at his height, weight and his former draft position and automatically made him out to be the 1st in line to replace Redden or Gilroy or whomever.

I don't hate Eminger. I just think his acquisition was totally useless when there were much more capable options out there. Jay McKee, Shane Hnidy and Mike Mottau are three guys who immediately come to mind who probably could have been had for less than Eminger.

It's just part of my overall disappointment of the players Sather has selected to jojn the roster this offseason. I don't mind the returnees. I do wonder about the others.
how about this, is this a good trade when you look at it from a personnel and contract POV?

Rangers get
borderline NHL capable player
+250k cap
extra contract they can use to sign an undrafted junior UFA, prospect, or regular UFA

Ducks get
borderline NHL capable player
-250k cap
prospect who cannot even make an AHL team, barely holding on a ECHL position.

For me, freeing up that extra contract is what is the best part of this trade. It allows the Rangers to sign a Jeremy Williams or a Lee Baldwin. He should serve as a 6/7. His purpose, if he can fulfill the role, is to push the other D-men in the lineup so that they don't lose their spot to Eminger. This sort of role is not the best for a rookie as that is not good for either their development or confidence (not saying a rookie couldn't do it)

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote