View Single Post
Old
07-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Sadekuuro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
We'd be doing Gagne a huge favor by sending him to the Wings. In all honesty, I can't think of a better team for him to go to. I actually wouldn't mind Dan Cleary as part of the deal, if he wasn't coming in at a $2.8M cap hit through 2012-2013. Since I assume we wouldn't want to take back much salary in the deal, I'd love to be able to get someone like Darren Helm and a prospect (any way we could get Brendan Smith or Tomas Tatar?). Maybe have the Wings throw in one or two of their European scouts that find those late-round gems in the draft.

I know the Wings are up against the cap, and acquiring Gagne without trading away salary would probably put them over. Is there anyone else on the roster, perhaps on a one-year deal, who could be traded to clear some cap space?
Way over, once the roster is filled out. Gagne is a great player and the Red Wings would love to have him, though. Who from Detroit might interest Philly and can be the basis for a deal that works for both teams?

(Why does he want a trade anyway? I haven't been paying attention to the situation so I'm a bit mystified by it. He's been a Flyer for a long time, you guys are obviously a competitive team and, in my outsider's opinion, he is the #1 catalyst for your offense.)

Sadekuuro is offline   Reply With Quote