View Single Post
Old
07-15-2010, 10:01 AM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
What that means, no one will know. Maybe it means Montreal collapses into a defensive shell when he starts. Maybe it's too complicated to distill down any further. In any event, for each of those Nashville, San Jose, and Buffalo games, there is an Edmonton, Ottawa, Tampa Bay or Atlanta game in which he put up 18/21, 20/23, 25/30, or 16/19 (saves/shots) performances over 60 minutes, so I wouldn't knock yourself out looking into it too deeply. Again, in the end when it all "averages out", it's fairly easy to see that Price simply wasn't as good (nor as consistent) as Halak last year (by an observable, yet perhaps less than wide margin). Nothing more to see here, I think.
Well the stat was not put there to compare Price to Halak. I don't get what the obesssion is to compare them both when the person you are responding to isn't comparing. I just really don't think Price played as bad as people made it out to be, he just didn't play as good as Halak. Like after the olympic break, Price played 5 games, but had only win, yet his stats were spectacular, small sample size, but that's just how his season went.

Price was unlucky many times, others he lost his concentration, but there we many games like the Colorado game earlier where every shot had a weird bounce and went, like the one where Spacek was 3 feet away from the net horizontally, yet the puck still managed to hit Spacek and go in. Or the Carolina game where Hamrlik dove on a two on one to put the puck in his own net, or the one where Mara slashed price across the neck. There's just too many of these to just call it his fault.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote